QHY CCD PoleMaster
QHY CCD PoleMaster - High Precision, Easy to Use Electric Polar Scope
Good polar alignment can be performed relatively quickly using special finder scopes with polar reference reticles, but to get the precise polar alignment that will make your mount perform at its best for high quality astrophotography and science measurements, often requires time-consuming drift alignment. The QHYCCD PoleMaster reduces the time to achieve precise polar alignment in a few minutes with an accuracy of 30 arc seconds.
PoleMaster has the following advantages:
- Speed and convenience: You can make a precision polar alignment even when you can’t see the pole star when it’s not quite dark enough to visually see the stars. Polemaster is a sensitive tool that will show you how to correct the polar axis of your mount in some of the most adverse site conditions.
- Accuracy: With a high precision camera, one can achieve accuracy not achievable with naked eye. As the imaging camera in PoleMaster has a resolution of 30 arc second, the best polar alignment that can be achieved by PoleMaster is also in the order of 30 arc seconds.
- Wide angle view of the polar region: A wide field of view of 11x8 degrees makes it easy to locate the pole star.
- Easy Installation: PoleMaster can be easily installed onto any compatible equatorial mount through mount-specific adapters, even on a mount without a polar scope.
- Real time polar alignment checking / adjustment: By using PoleMaster you can monitor your polar alignment in real time. In the event that polar alignment is lost, it is now a simple matter to bring it back without having to start from scratch.
- Multiple star alignment no longer needed: Once you are polar aligned, you will only need to perform one star alignment.
- Perfect companion to single axis mounts: When used with single (RA-only) axis mount, good polar alignment will reduce drift in the DEC axis therefore increasing the performance of your mount.
|Field of View||11 degrees x 8 degrees|
|Resolution||30 arc seconds|
|Install method||Three M3 screw to mount adapter|
|Interface||Mini USB 2.0 (this is current factory specs on new product, but works with USB 3.0)|
|Software||QHYCCD PoleMaster Software|
|Rough Precision||5 arc minutes|
|High Precision||Max 30 arc seconds|
|Power Consumption||0.35 Watts 70 mA|
How Does the PoleMaster Work?
PoleMaster makes use of a super sensitive wide field imaging camera along the axis of RA to monitor the polar region in real time (so not only it can detect Polaris but also the dimmer surrounding stars). From the positions of these stars, PoleMaster can determine the position of the true pole and compare that to the mechanical axis of RA rotation. Polar alignment is made by moving the two centers of rotation so they overlap.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)