Explore FirstLight 80mm Telescope Go-To Tracker Combo
Explore FirstLight 80mm Refractor
- 80mm aperture will reveal impressive lunar details ranging from craters to rilles, planetary features like Saturn’s ring structure or Jupiter’s cloud belts; and bright deep sky treasures like galaxies, nebulae and clusters.
- Model comes with a 25mm Plössl eyepiece, a 90° diagonal for more comfortable viewing and a red dot viewfinder to aid in object location.
- Built-in dew shield slows moisture build-up on the objective lens and reduces interference from ambient light.
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images.
iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight Equatorial Tracker System
- Integrated Explore Scientific PMC-Eight™ system that transcends the industry standard single processor by utilizing eight CPUs that operate independently of one another to focus on defined functions, which results in superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability and astoundingly fast timing intervals.
- Clutched dual-axis worm gears with quiet precision stepper motor belt drives
- Intuitive ExploreStars app, which is available for Apple, Android and Windows tablets, that makes it simple to operate the GOTO system. Through it, users can quickly align their telescope, navigate the stars and learn specifics about tens of thousands of celestial objects
- Clutched RA and Declination axes are smooth and allow for precise balancing which makes the process of repositioning your telescope efficient
- Polar alignment sight hole through the RA axis and precise altitude control for fast alignment without polar scope.
- Battery pack powering the PMC-Eight™ system uses 8 C batteries and is secured in a bracket on one of the tripod legs when in use
- Two 1 kg counterweights included
- Glow-in-the-dark markings on mount and tripod
Whether you’re looking to delve into the details of our solar system or explore inspiring deep sky treasures, the versatile FirstLight series has an observing package that will fit your individual needs. Each of the combinations in this new line comes complete with all of the essentials: a telescope, a sturdy mount, an eyepiece and a red dot viewfinder.
Mounts vary from a simple fork-mounted alt-azimuth option to a complete GOTO tracking system. As an added benefit, each package includes an adapter that allows you to use your smartphone to easily capture and share the beauty unfolding in your eyepiece. With Firstlight, the only thing you need to provide is a desire to discover.
FirstLight AR80mm White Tube Refractor with 640mm focal length f/8 telescope with fully-coated glass; iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight Go-To Tracker Mount; 40mm draw tube focuser; 1.25" 90° Diagonal; Plossl 25mm eyepiece; and Red-dot Finder; Smartphone Camera adapter.
The iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight™ Equatorial Tracker System is a complete astronomical computerized Wifi or Wired GOTO Equatorial Tracker with integrated PMC-Eight™ electronics suitable for attaching Small Telescopes or DSLR Cameras attached to a standard "Vixen Style" Dovetail Plate. Use with the free ExploreStars App for Tablets (Windows, Android, Amazon and Apple), or with the free ASCOM Standards Compliant PMC-Eight™ ASCOM driver and the ASCOM POTH Client from Explore Scientific (either wired or wireless) to work with virtually any sky software that supports ASCOM. Tablet or computer must be purchased separately.
The iEXOS-100 utilizes a proven German equatorial mount design and Explore Scientific’s revolutionary PMC-Eight™ Precision Motion Control system to flawlessly navigate the night sky and track objects as they journey across it. This combination provides superior observing and imaging performance without a prohibitive price tag.
GOTO systems play an important role in the world of amateur astronomy because they ensure users spend less time searching for particular objects and more time observing and imaging. The PMC-Eight™ with its versatile connections supported with free to download apps for Windows, Android, and iOS, or through the free to download ASCOM PMC-Eight™ driver and POTH Client to connect to your favorite ASCOM Compliant Astronomical Software, can allow you to control the telescope from a few feet away or by communicating computer-to-computer with an Internet connection from virtually anywhere in the world.
One of the standout features of the iEXOS-100 system is its German equatorial design. When it comes to tracking the stars with a telescope, there is nothing that compares to a German Equatorial Mount (GEM) because it will precisely follow objects as they rise in the east and set in the west. For observers, a GEM makes it easy to keep your celestial target in your eyepiece. For imagers, it helps you avoid common astrophotography pitfalls like field rotation.
Before you can track an object, you need to find it, and that objective can be daunting when you’re faced with a vast expanse of inky black sky or a bright city sky. The iEXOS-100 puts a powerful GOTO system in your arsenal of astronomical tools that takes the frustration out of navigating the night sky. This integrated version of Explore Scientific’s PMC-Eight™ system transcends the industry standard single processor by utilizing an 8-core microcontroller with eight CPUs that operate independently of one another to focus on defined functions. This delegation of tasks among the processors results in a system that offers superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability and astoundingly fast timing intervals for smooth image acquisition and accurate tracking.
Although it is internally complex, the GOTO system can be easily operated from your own Apple, Android or Windows tablet using the ExploreStars app, which has an intuitive nature that makes it simple and quick to align your telescope, navigate the stars and learn specifics about tens of thousands of celestial objects. This dynamic app is fueled by a database that is routinely updated to ensure it remains a relevant resource.
Our commitment to creating a streamlined GOTO mount is obvious in other design choices. The iEXOS-100 has smooth locking clutches that will let you quickly reposition your telescope from one side to the other and an altitude knob for smooth height adjustments. The mount base includes a small polar alignment tunnel that allows users to roughly align their observing setup with Polaris. It also has a simple bubble level that comes in handy when stabilizing your tripod. Other features include a bracket for holding the battery pack, which powers the PMC-Eight™ system through 8 C batteries (not included); two 1 kg counterweights for balancing; and glow-in-the-dark markers on certain points of the mount and tripod so you can stay oriented with your setup at night. The mount is designed to hold up to 19 lbs (scope, accessories, and counterweights added together).
The mount weights 9.45 pounds (4.29 kg), while the tripod and accessory tray weighs 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg). The tripod, when collapsed is 27.25 inches (69.21 cm) tall.
|Comes With||Smartphone Adapter
One 25 mm Plössl Eyepiece
Red Dot Viewfinder
|Focal Length||640mm focal length|
|Adapter||40mm draw tube focuser; 1.25" 90° Diagonal;|
|Eyepiece (Included)||25 mm Plössl|
|Mount Type||Twilight Nano|
|Mount head weight||9.45 lbs|
|Tripod weight||5.35 lbs|
|Tripod fully collapsed, no mount head:||25.5”|
|Tripod open, retracted legs, no mount head:||25”|
|Tripod open, retracted legs with the mount head:||38.5” at highest point, 36” to the center of the mounting bracket|
|Tripod open, legs fully extended, no mount head:||42”|
|Tripod open, legs fully extended with the mount head:||45” at highest point|
|Counterweights:||1 kg each|
|Mount weight capacity:||Approx. 9 lbs (equipment weight only),15 lbs Photographic (equipment and counterweights); Approx. 19 lbs Visual (equipment and counterweights)|
Limited USA One Year Warranty. Click Here to register.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)