Explore FirstLight 10" Dobsonian Telescope - FL-DOB1005-01
- Fully multi-coated primary mirror.
- 10" aperture provides impressive light-gathering power making this an ideal instrument for deep sky observations.
- Scope and mount can be transported in pieces and reassembled within minutes.
- Rockerbox is easy to assemble with few tools and includes accessory tray for eyepieces.
- 2.5" HEX focuser has helical gearing.
- Universal design makes it easy for imagers to use the telescope as a traditional Newtonian by removing the bearings from the OTA and attaching the tube to an equatorial mount using the included Vixen-style dovetail plate.
- Model comes with a 25mm SuperPlössl eyepiece and a red dot viewfinder for locating observing targets.
- Included adapter helps observers use their smart device to capture and share images.
No telescope type has changed the hobby quite as much as the Dobsonian. Before the introduction of the Dobsonian by John Dobson, the vast majority of amateur telescopes consisted of small telescopes with primitive mechanics - barely enough to see the polar caps of Mars or the rings of Saturn. Larger telescopes, such as the Schmidt-Cassegrain were reserved for the wealthy. The ingenious combination of simple yet effective mechanisms with the greatest possible opening gives the Dobsonian telescope a unique triumphant march around the world. Nowhere do you get as much light for your money like a good Dobson.
Now, Explore Scientific has come up with the ultimate universal design. This Dobsonian can be converted into a Newtonian telescope. If you ever wanted to take pictures, simply unscrew the bearings from the tube and place the scope on an EQ mount with the included Vixen style dovetail plate.
The unrivaled stiffness of the included 2.5" HEX focuser with helical gearing makes focusing easy and allows the use of both 1.25" and 2" eyepieces. Including the 2.5" Hex focuser is a quantum leap for this price class of telescope.
A Red Dot viewfinder as well as a 25mm SPL eyepiece are included with the device. If you want to transport the telescope as compactly as possible, the new 10" FirstLight Dobsonian / Newtonian is easy.
The Rockerbox can be dismantled with a few tools, because the parts are assembled with metal quick connectors. Thus, a bulky rocker box quickly becomes a handy flat package of boards. The ideal workhorse for the deep sky observers. Details on planets and deep sky objects will be visible even for inexperienced observers. Bright star clusters are resolved to the core, and the sight of the terminator on the moon is an unforgettable experience.
The scope is ready for use with our optional coma corrector.
Limited USA One Year Warranty. Click Here to register.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)